Resource Centre Butternut & Penne Recipes
Skimping on salt doesn’t have to mean less flavor! Treat your heart well with these delicious low-sodium recipes made with new Knorrox salt-reduced cubes! Follow the recipes below to try out these mouth-watering dishes. No added salt needed!
BUTTERNUT CURRY WITH LENTILS
Treat your heart well with this low-sodium hearty one-pot butternut and lentil curry. Made with new Knorrox salt-reduced cubes, this delicious butternut curry is packed with tomatoes, chilli and lentils for a flavoursome dish even meat-lovers would enjoy! Follow the recipe below to try this mouth-watering dish. No added salt needed!
Serves 4 – 6 people.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green chili, deseeded
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Robertsons Paprika
- 1 tbsp Rajah Mild & Spicy Curry Powder
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 butternut, peeled & diced
- 1 KNORROX BEEF CURRY FLAVOUR STOCK CUBE - dissolved in 300 ml hot water
- 1 tbsp KNORROX CHILLI BEEF FLAVOUR SOUP
- 60 ml cold water
- 400 g canned lentils, drained
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat, add chopped onion and fry until soft.
- Add chili, garlic, Robertsons Paprika, Rajah Mild & Spicy Curry Powder and fry for 15 seconds.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook until they are soft.
- Add butternut, stock (KNORROX BEEF CURRY FLAVOUR STOCK CUBE + hot water) and cover with the lid. Allow the saucepan to simmer for 10 -15 mins.
- Add the soup mixture (KNORROX CHILLI BEEF FLAVOUR SOUP + cold water) with lentils and cook for 10 minutes. Serve with rice.
ROASTED VEGETABLES WITH FRESH PESTO PENNE PASTA
Looking for a healthy alternative to the usual meat and pasta dish? Try out this colourful roasted vegetable, fresh pesto and pasta recipe. Made with salt-reduced Knorrox stock cubes this pasta bake is guaranteed to become a family favourite. Simply toss together in a bowl and drizzle homemade pesto to complete — no pinch of salt needed!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200 g pasta, Penne
- 1 eggplant
- 2 red chillies, deseeded
- 1½ KNORROX VEGETABLE CURRY FLAVOUR STOCK CUBES
- 1 baby marrow
- 1 tbsp unsalted pine nuts or mixed sunflower seeds
- 3 sundried tomatoes, soaked in water
- 3 tbsp fresh basil
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 4 tsp butter or light spread
- 60 ml cold water
- *Optional extra: hand blender
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C.
- In boiling water, add the KNORROX VEGETABLE CURRY FLAVOUR STOCK CUBES, pasta and cook until al dente.
- Cut the eggplant and baby marrow into 10 pieces each.
- Brush the vegetables lightly with the olive oil and place them into a baking dish. Roast for 20 – 25 minutes or until soft. Turn twice during roasting.
- Meanwhile, toast the nuts or seeds in a frying pan until golden brown or crispy, leave to cool.
- Place the sundried tomatoes, basil, parsley, toasted nuts/seeds, butter or light spread into a bowl and whizz with the hand blender. Stir in 60 ml of cold water.
- Add the pesto and roasted vegetables to the pasta and toss well to coat.